Welcome to Bella Coola Valley Museum
Bella Coola Valley Museum
The Bella Coola Valley Museum (BCVM), owned and operated by the Bella Coola Valley Museum Society, was established in 1963 to outline the human history of the Bella Coola Valley from European Contact to 1955. The museum’s historic building (circa 1892) operates during the summer season (June – September), with school presentations offered throughout the year. B.C. Central Coast Archives (2000), a branch of BCVM, is open year round, offering research and copying services. The Bella Coola Valley Museum Society is an incorporated, non-profit society with charitable status. If you would like more information, please contact Stephen Dishkin (President) at (250) 982-2312.
Hours of Operation:
Museum - Now open for 2022 season Tuesday to Saturday 9-5 (closed from 12-1)
Archives - Open by appointment only.
1961 Hwy 20, Hagensborg, BC.
Please call Stephen Dishkin for an appointment.
$1.00 Children Under 10 yrs
A family rate is also available.
What we offer at the museum…
- Access to a heritage building, artifacts, and interpretive exhibits
- Pre-arranged historic presentations by a local historian
- Gift Shop
- Historic Videos
- Guided tours around the museum
- Historic Walking Tour brochure
- Freedom Hill brochure
- DVD: Bella Coola a Photographic History
- School group presentations in June and by appointment
- Educational package, "The History of Logging in the Bella Coola Valley", Grade 2-7
Heritage Legacy Fund
This website was made possible by Library and Archives Canada and the Coast Sustainability Trust Fund.